DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
Number of Labs: 01
Strength of the students: 35
NAME OF INSTRUMENTS
- Glass wares
- Analytical Balance
- Weight Box
- Burette Stand
- Water Bath
- Electrochemical Cell
- Whatmman No.-1 Filter Paper
- Kipp’s Apparatus for H2S Gas
- Litmus paper
- Make sure you are familiar with all the safety information given to you about each experiment before starting the experiment.
- You must wear a lab coat in Chemistry lab.
- Footwear must completely cover the foot and heel.
- Keep your work area and the common work areas tidy.
- Leave all glassware, equipment, tools, etc. as clean as or cleaner than you found them.
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Dispose of waste properly and in a timely manner and according to the instructions provided in your lab manual. If you are not sure, please ask your supervisors for the proper method of disposal.
- Wash your hands before you leave the lab.
- Do not remove chemicals or equipment from the lab except when required to do so for analysis.
- Approach all chemicals with caution. Do not taste or inhale (smell) chemicals. Avoid getting chemicals on your skin.