DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGY (BOTANY AND ZOOLOGY)
Number of Labs: 02
Strength of student in each Lab : 35
NAME OF INSTRUMENTS
- Glass wares
- Chemicals (Stains, Reagents, Fixatives And Mounting Media)
- Light Microscope
- Compound Microscope
- Water Bath
- Filter Paper
- Litmus Paper
- Spirit Lamp
- Other materials for experiments
- Follow all protocols (instructions for experiments and procedures) carefully. Varying the order could be dangerous.
- Approach all chemicals with caution. Do not taste or inhale (smell) chemicals. Avoid getting chemicals on your skin.
- Leave the lab in the same or better condition than when you entered. Put all microscopes back properly. Clean lab benches. Return all materials to the cart. Wash any glassware, slides, trays that you have used.
- Know your own allergies and be aware of the potential allergens (e.g. penicillin, pollen, latex, peanuts) that might be present in the laboratory. Take the necessary precautions to prevent allergic reactions.
- Know where the shower, eyewash bath, and fire extinguisher are and how and when to use them.
- Know where the first aid kit is.